My sofa has an imprint on it that is roughly the same size as my ass. It makes me want to slap my own forehead because I imagine it is the only lasting impression I am making these days. I have been sitting in front of my laptop for almost an hour trying to get inspired to write something so that I don’t fail at my goal to write a post every day for a year. I am about six weeks into the self-imposed challenge and I am already struggling. Looks like another failure in the works over here in Butt-Imprint Land. I have to come up with something before my husband comes home, because whether he knows about my blog or not, he doesn’t want to share his time with it and I have silently agreed to not blog when he is home out of respect. There were a lot of prompts that I was working with today such as:
1) The Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise. I don’t have many surprises in life anymore. I don’t get worked up about much. Wait, there was one, which leads to my second near-prompt.
2) Money: The only thing that surprised me today is that I managed to figure out how to pay my rent (late), make sure my water and TV don’t get shut off, and pay my son’s tuition (late) without having to skip groceries. What’s really surprising is that my husband is making $80,000 a year and we are still struggling to make ends meet. You’d think we live a lavish life… but we don’t. I don’t want to talk about money, though. It is frustrating to me. Needless to say, I’ve taken over the reigns and we will get out of the 6-year financial hole we’ve been in.
3) Underage drinking on shows. I will address this in tomorrow’s WTF Friday post.
4) The draft that keeps blowing over me. It feels like someone has opened a window just to the right of me. I keep feeling a cold wind on my face and hand. I keep hearing Haley Joel Osment telling Toni Collette that the cold wind on the back of her neck is “them.” I am a bit freaked out right now.
5) How lame of a mother I feel I am now because I seem to have lost the zest for being a SAHM. I used to hate the TV, now it is on most of the day. You don’t have to tell me I am shite, I already know it. Maybe I will make getting rid of the TV one of my New Year’s Resolutions.
6) Outing my husband’s new favorite TV show: Gossip Girl. Yes, we are a day (or six seasons) late and several hundreds of dollars short.